Door Locks Repair let’s talk about them . There are so many different types of door locks and one of those types are installed in your door right now which allows you to have a better security and protection. But locks sometimes malfunction and get broken. They would have to be repaired by IBS Locksmith Services. With our team of experts and professionals, we guarantee that any types of locks you have will be solved fast and safe.
IBS Locksmiths offering Door Locks Repair Service, if you ever need to have your door locks repaired. The locksmith you should hire when you have problems with your locks depend on the lock itself. There are many different types of locks from the old padlocks to the modern electric type of lock.
- The only type of lock that is physically not attached to any other object. Padlocks come in many different sizes, free standing and portable and are one of the most easily recognizable type of lock. There are two types of padlocks, the combination and the keyed lock. Combination locks have one or more number dials that open the lock when the correct combination is put. second one, you will use the key to lock and unlock it.
- Deadbolt locks are generally installed on external doors and have a more options you can consider compared to padlocks. There are two types of deadbolt locks which are the single cylinder and double cylinder. Single cylinder are mostly found on residential areas. They use a key cylinder on the outside and a thumb turn on the inside to close or open the locks. A double cylinder deadbolt uses a key cylinder on the inside and the outside of the door. This always require a key to be opened the door from the inside if it is locked.
- Knob locks are frequently installed in residential areas where they are placed on exterior doors in addition to deadbolts. They are also used as the primary source of security for doors. The problem with knob locks lies in the fact that the lock cylinder is in the knob itself, not on the door. They can be broken off the door with a hammer or bypassed using pliers or a wrench behind the knob, completely bypassing the locking cylinder.
Need to have your door locks repaired? Have door lock repair By IBS Locksmith services fix your door locks now! Contact us now at 407.353.9500
when you thinking about changing or replacing door locks on in your house or in your business our certified locksmith team will be able to install replacement locks.
If you have just moved into a new home, the first thing to do is change your door locks.
You may also want to upgrade your locks to a better security level or need to replace the locks due to damage.
Changing & Replacing Door Locks
A locksmith can help change & replace house lock if you have lost your keys, the lock is faulty, or are you locked out of the house.
The most common reasons a new lock will need to be fitted range from the following:
Moved into a new home – Moved into a new home or apartment or changed business address and need to retain key authority.
Upgrade locks – Locks require upgrading for insurance reasons (for example your insurance may stipulate that locks have to be american standard) or for peace of mind.
Lost keys – You have lost your house keys, or someone has a key that should not.
The lock is faulty or damaged – the lock is beginning to be unreliable and can be hard to operate. (Usually either worn or faulty.)
Mortice Lock & Cylinder Rim Locks
Door Locks Repair Types to Replace and Change
The most common lock types usually found on residential commercial properties are the below three types of door locks repair :
1. Nightlatch (often referred to as a Yale type lock)
There are many different types of nightlatches with sizes, which are mostly used on front and back doors.
How it operates: Pull or ‘slam’ door shut (the door is latch locked) and requires a key to open from outside
On the inside: the latch part of the lock is retracted usually by operating a small lever or handle.
Should NOT be the only lock on the door
Door types: Used on front back and other entrance doors and mainly wooden doors
2. Mortice Locks
This type of lock is normally fitted inside the door, they are difficult to pick open as the lock mechanism is fitted in the door frame.
There are only two sizes available.
Security usually ranges between 2 lever and 5 lever.
Insurance companies prefer this standard as it means the lock has been tested against popular types of attack for a certain period of time.
Should ensure your property or business is secure if attacked.
Door Types: Mortice locks are commonly found on wooden doors & sometimes aluminium
Types of mortice lock are:
The main types of mortice locks you will find on your homes locks are as follows:
Mortice Sash Lock
Has a handle – a mortice style lock with a handle is called a sash lock.
The handles operate the latch on the lock which keeps the door shut when pushed or pulled closed.
- Door Types: commonly found on wooden doors & sometimes aluminium
Does NOT have a handle – a deadlock does not have a handle and is always operated by a key, opened from one of both sides by key.
Door Types: commonly found on wooden doors & sometimes aluminium
3. Euro-Lock Cylinder
This type of lock is very popular and found on many different types of door locks and security applications.
Door types lock cylinder is found on:
Aluminium shop front doors
Key switches that operate roller shutters on business premises
and much more.
profile cylinder locks
They sometimes have a thumb turn on the inside so exiting the property in an emergency is easy, and can be done without a key.
These locks can also be keyed alike
Leading manufacturers of profile locks:
Can you change the lock without a Key?
Key is usually needed
A key is sometimes required to change a euro profile cylinder lock because the cam on the lock needs to be in line with the euro lock body to remove from the door.
Change the lock with no key
If you have no keys and the euro cylinder retaining screw is removed in the usual way, then the euro lock will NOT slide out as the cam is in the wrong position stopping the euro lock from being removed.
A locksmith will be able to attend site and change the euro lock even if no key is available.
Remove the lock non-destructively – They will use an array of specialist tools and knowledge to align the cam in the correct position to remove the euro profile cylinder lock without damaging the door.
KEYS CUT FOR NEW LOCK – Don’t forget when you have changed your locks to have a new set of keys cut.
Can I Fit The Lock Myself?
Fitting and changing any type of lock yourself is a risky thing to do.
You could be putting your property at risk of burglary if you fit the wrong lock or fit the right lock incorrectly, you could be at the risk of lock snapping by fitting the wrong size lock.
1. Not Just One Standard Of Lock
You need to know:-
What these lock standards mean
What minimum requirement your insurance requires
Whether to for a higher level for peace of mind
2. Not Just One Size of Lock
There are many different sizes of locks, fitting an incorrectly sized euro cylinder can lead to lock snapping.
3. Wrongly Fitted Lock Can Lead to Lock Snapping
Fitting a Euro Cylinder incorrectly can lead to your lock being vulnerable to ‘lock snapping’.
We recommend finding out the most secure lock cylinder to prevent becoming a victim of this crime.
Garage Door Locks – Fitting and Replacements
Locksmiths can even install and replace garage door locks, they can also help with if you need a replacement lock fitting and changing.
If you have an up and over garage door or a roller lock, the lock or handle can easily be changed and replaced.
How much does it cost to Door Locks Repair
NO regulation in the locksmithing industry – The price a locksmith charges will vary between locksmiths, so there is no price structure that locksmiths have to follow.
The cost to change locks depends on:
1. Where you live (distance)
2. The labor per hours, or per the job.
3. The time of day you need the job completing
4. The coast of the lock, cylinder you require changing.
Door Locks Repair